Sunday, October 5, 2008

You can either cook or bake, but you can't do both!

Or so I was told...
Yes, its 5:41 a.m. in Texas and I am blogging about cookies! But its cookies! How can you not want to read about cookies at 5:41 a.m ???? I blame a photog friend of mine for this early morning post. It all started when she invited me to help her out on one of her shoots and at the lunch table she and her client got into a conversation about cooking. They insisted that if you can bake then you can't cook or vice verse, and that it takes a very special person to do both, well... I guess I am special, because I believe I can do both! Actually, I know I can do both!!! Although, I really don't think it means I am special, it just means that I watch too much of the Food Network channel. Well that and I practically lived in the kitchen during the holidays when my mom would make baskets full of sweets to pass out to the neighbors and family. ANYWAY, it just so happens I have been on a cookie kick and trying to figure out how to make a Reese's pieces cookie. Yes I am a dork, I do try and invent new baking recipes. Its almost an obsession, so much so that I wake up in the middle of the night with dreams I had about recipes! So a few nights ago, I was struck with another food insomnia episode and started going over ideas on how to make this cookie (you don't have to burst my bubble, I am sure it has been done before), but this is what I came up with...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



They are still not perfected yet, but I think I am getting close. The only bad thing is that now I have a kitchen full of cookies and I don't know what to do with them. Know anyone that is interested?








(Oh, and your probably wondering where the cooking comes into play, well in this post it doesn't. I didn't cook anything last night, I was too lazy and made Terry take me out for dinner. But I promise you I can be on an episode of "Throwdown" with Bobby Flay! Ok, I am not that good, but I know I can whip up some mean ham and cheese sandwiches! And my cereal is to die for!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I am hungry...well not really hungry, but I want a cookie!

And I want to say that if you in fact can cook, and bake, and you're a kick ass photographer, then I want to be Monique Montoya when I grow up.