Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Californication Part II

It's 5 a.m and I can't sleep (typical), so I thought I would share more of my trip to California. Sound like fun? I thought so :p

We were suppose to do a bridal session as well, but unfortunately the dress wasn't ready when I arrived. So we all got to spend Sunday doing more sightseeing! I saw the famous Hollywood sign and even went down to Hollywood Blvd. It was different, not really what I expected, but I did find some things that interested me.

Amber told me that there would be street performers there, so my mind immediately went back to a college trip I took to New Orleans, L.A. and the street performers that worked on the streets there -mines, trumpet players, tap dancers, ect. I thought, "ok cool, nothing I haven't seen before." Ha! So we get there and there is Tinkerbell prancing in the street and I am like "whoa, seriously??" Next to her is Peter Pan with Cat Women not far behind, yes Cat Women (she was a real witch by the way). Anyway, Amber looks at me and said "see, I told you." And then I thought, "Duh, this is Hollywood." And in all Hollywood style, you have to pay for EVERYTHING, which this wasn't any different. You have to pay about 5 bucks just to take a picture of them (going back to why Cat Women was such a witch). And since I don't have 5 bucks to spear on wannabe actors in Halloween costumes they bought from Wal-Mart, I just threw on my wide angle and shot at the waist. They never knew what hit'em...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Ok, well these guys costumes were a little better than what you could of gotten at wally world, but still.

The next two weren't street performers, but still caught my interest...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


See the sign? Crazy huh!?! And they probably cost as much a $200,000 house mortgage here in Texas!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



At the end of the day I have to say I enjoyed California. And really really appreciate the generosity of Amber and Jonathan for flying me out there and showing me around. Thanks guys, you were awesome! See you October12th!

1 comment:

Daniel Bates said...

I love your view of CA. Very unique style + unusual subjects = kickass imagery!